Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy day for a mom of one!

Today was a busy day for this mom of only one! My "busy" day pales in comparison to some busy moms with more children than myself. For now, I will be thankful for the time I can spend with my little guy and my husband. I know it won't always be this easy!
My sister-in-law Tricia was able to give me a free pedicure this morning, and it felt so nice! It was nice to soak my feet in the little whirlpool tub. My feet were in need of some TLC (isn't everyone's though?). My heels are nice and soft and so are my lower legs. Aah. It's crazy that some people can totally afford to do it whenever they want! It's not cheap! So I made sure to enjoy it because I'm sure it won't happen again for a VERY long time, if ever! It was nice to be able to chat with my sister-in-law. : )
After that, I went to see my sister Katy. She had a dear friend in town who I got to meet for the first time. She is a very nice lady who is very dear to my sister and I am thankful for her friendship with Katy! My sister Katy is a great swimmer and she enjoys doing the sport very much. She will be swimming the straits of Mackinaw this summer, I give her credit! The thought alone makes me tired! I'm glad she has found a "hobby" (? is that the right word?) that makes her happy. I think it would be good for everyone to have an "out" like swimming, running.... it's probably a great stress-reliever.
I ran to the mall to get my wedding ring and bands soddered, re-sized and rhodium plated. My husband treats me far better than I deserve and got me a second wedding band for my birthday/Mother's Day/4th wedding anniversary. Man, I didn't think it was going to be as expensive as it was. She gave me a deal though because I've learned to "barter(?)" with people thanks to Jacob. He can get anyone to cut a deal with him! : D So I'm ring-less for a while. : (
Jacob's mom watched Xander today. She also watched a few of her other grandkids, so she had a busy day. My in-laws have sheep which are starting to have their lambs. One sheep had twins- and she rejected one of them and it died hours later, despite being bottle fed and being injected with penicillin. The other is doing well. Another had triplets and they all are doing well, but we're just hoping mamma sheep has enough milk for the three of them. Two more sheep are due soon so hopefully those go well. Xander likes watching them, and managed to touch a lamb, with the approval of its momma. It's crazy just how tiny they are when they are born, but I guess it's the same with humans. : D
Right now I am on the phone with my mom and dad. My dad and I are big weather freaks- I recently came across some phenomenal footage of the Xmas day Tsunami. It's a 8 part documentary on Youtube listed under "Tsunmai: Caught on camera Part 1" It's incredible- shows the terrible destruction- something we never really saw when it happened. AWFUL to watch- scary, really. We live in an area where we don't really have to worry about natural disasters- the worst we have to worry about is Tornado's... and even with them, we (most of the time) have warnings broadcast over the TV or radio so we can take cover. In poor countries like those effected by the Tsunami, they don't have type of warning systems that we do. We are very blessed to live where we do! We know how powerful God is, but I don't think we always SEE it with our eyes! I deffinately saw it, and it honestly scared me. It's POWERFUL stuff.
Well, that is all for now... I will continue to sit and the phone while my dad/mom and I watch these videos. Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment